Camera online

Kildare Nationalist – A Kildare man allegedly abused two women online after trying to flirt with them

A MAN who allegedly abused two women online after he tried to flirt with them will have to return to court in October to find out his trial date.

The man, who cannot yet be named but with an address in Co Kildare, was at Naas District Court last week (23 June) to be charged with two counts of harassment, on calendar dates between 13 and on January 29, following his arrest by arrangement that morning.

Sergeant Brian Jacob told the court that the defendant had to return to court at another date to receive an evidence book “for exposing his penis online”, but added that the two injured parties in this case had more 18 years old.

Quite rightly, the sergeant asked that this be heard in camerabut Judge Desmond Zaidan allowed the details to be released, with just the removal of his name and address at this stage.

“It was on social media, Judge, where he would engage with girls in a flirtatious way, and when he was rejected he would become malicious and persistent for two or three days, sending between 12 and 47 messages,” said said Garda Detective Wendy Cagney, the investigator. officer.

“These were despicable messages of a sexual nature, commenting on their behavior. He called them sluts and whores,” she said.

The sergeant told the court that the state “has no objection to bail, as long as he provides a €2,000 bond and stays off all social media,” including Instagram and Facebook”.

Judge Zaidan remanded him on continued bail, to return on October 19 for his evidence book and trial date.