The The Series 9 update for Forza Horizon 5 was unveiled on Tuesday, June 21, 2022. The new download prepares players for the upcoming Series 9 festival and also introduces a number of updates, changes, and fixes. on the platform.
While the update mostly sets things up for the possible Hot Wheels expansion coming in July, some notable bits can be found in the release notes. One of the biggest additions to the title is new online co-op play for Horizon Stories, where up to six players can connect and play through the stories alongside the main campaign.
You’ll find some of these new Hot Wheels cars and cosmetics in the new update, and for EV fans, the Monthly Rivals event will be Forza EV, which was also added in the patch.
There will be a list of things fixed for future seasons, including some broken exploits, fixed issues, and things that now work as intended. The graphic above highlights some of the major issues, but the release notes below will tell the full story.
Are you excited for the upcoming ninth season of Forza Horizon 5, as well as the Hot Wheels expansion due out in July? Let us know your thoughts in the comments below!
FORZA HORIZON 5 SERIES 9 UPDATE – Build Numbers:
- Xbox One: 2.475.474.0
- Xbox Series: 3.475.474.0
- pc: 3.475.474.1
- Steam: 1.475.474.0
- Added new localization languages
- Added subtitles for Danish, Greek, Dutch, Norwegian, Swedish, Finnish and European Portuguese
- Added voice over for European Spanish, Italian and Korean
- Added new Forza EV Rivals event
- Added Horizon Story co-op
- Added TAA option when playing on PC
- Various stability and performance improvements
- Fixed an issue where the hood and bumper camera were too dark at dusk and during nighttime
- In Series 9, the “It Works Well” accolade now unlocks as intended after players complete the Car Mastery skill tree on the 1963 Volkswagen Beetle. Players who already met this requirement prior to this update day will need to select and drive the car to successfully unlock the Accolade.
- All players will now see their Creative Hub rank increase as intended.
- Fixed an exploit when using photo mode
- Fixed exploit with gifted cars
- Fixed an issue where players could lose Daily Challenge progress
- Fixed a rare issue where player matchmaking for the Co-op Seasonal Championship could result in a player participating in the wrong event
- Fixed an issue that could end up in the wrong car class when racing online
- Fixed an issue that could prevent Horizon Arcade events from appearing
- Fixed an issue where players in a convoy could end up not seeing all other convoy members
- Added duplicate car filter to Car Select screen filters
- Added Freeroam convertible functionality to Ferrari California T and McLaren 650 S Spider
- Volvo logo update
- Fixed idle speed on the 93 Nissan 240SX SE
- Removed the Forza Aero Splitter from the Maserati MC12
- Fixed 97 Lamborghini Diablo engine audio at high revs
- Fixed issue with Audi RS4 Avant and RS5 interior cockpit dashboard 2011
- Fixed misaligned backfires on the Mercedes C63 AMG when using the Liberty Walk body kit
- Added Series 6 and 7 car horns to EventLab
- Added Orbit Cam option
- Step rotation added
- Added new camera speed options
- Fixed an issue where players entering EventLab events with a full convoy could get disconnected
- Fixed an issue where the stadium floor would not load when starting an event nearby
- Fixed an issue where props could remain in Freeroam
- Fixed rule import showing only events with custom routes
- Fixed an issue with one of the spotlights appearing invisible when placed